Blogging. Some businesses do it, some don’t. Some businesses don’t even know what blogging is or how it can help to boost brand awareness and gain customers. Regardless of your blogging knowledge or expertise, what you need to know is that blogging increases brand awareness, which increases customers, which increases sales. Assuming you are a business that strives to make money and not lose it, I have already given you all the reason you need to start a blog for business. Here are a few more reasons to help motivate you to get (and keep) that blog going.
- A blog is a simple way to personally connect and directly share information with your customers. Blogs can be informative, witty, interactive and/or personal. Find out what drives your customers and the content will come easily.
- Anyone can blog. You don’t need to hire a professional to do it for you. WordPress is a great example of a user-friendly platform that doesn’t require much more than a little time and effort.
- Blogs drive SEO. Search engines like Google rank search results based on valuable content. The more you have, the more traction you will get.
- Blogs tell stories and give your business a voice. This a stage where you can inject your personality to connect with your customers. New products or industry news are great sources for blog material. People will come to see your business as a dependable resource, which will earn trust and gain customers.
- Blogging generates long-term results. Blog posts stay active as long as you let them, so while you may write a post today there is an understanding that it will still generate traffic months or even years down the road.
When it comes to things like content marketing, connecting with customers and simple marketing techniques, there are few tools as valuable a blog. Do some research before starting, update it often with fresh content once it is started, track analytics often to guide future posts and in no time you will see how this small marketing investment can have big time results.